Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mail from Korea

Mail from South Korea

 The front view. I think it looks really pretty.
The Hanbok

 And this is the back view. Which opens up to what you see below

And lo and behold the message written inside!
This is one of the most unique mail I've gotten.
A Hanbok in a green envelope.
Hah, who would have imagined ;)

The Hanbok is the Korean traditional clothing. 
In traditional hanbok design, curved features are important. As they are not meant to be tight fitting, the inherent beauty of hanbok is apparent in its elegance and style created by the abundance of material.

 Personally, I'm a noob with anything Korean.
Well, not entirely a noob since I do enjoy watching Korean dramas
When you get this kind of mail reaches your hand, I just wish Singapore has cards this cool
I suppose we don't have a well-developed Singaporean culture.
It's all a mix and blend of everything or simply rojak.


To my penpal in Korea, I have enjoyed exchanging snail mail with you. I hope it goes on and on:)
The latest mail she sent to me was a letter whose paper is called Hanji paper.
It's made from the mulberry tree. The paper feel firm yet soft and the texture was neither rough nor smooth . I suppose it feels like how our palms feel like with all the tiny lines and indentations that make up our handprint with a leafy kinda feel.
Beautiful paper



*love my penpals*


~Salam~

No comments:

Post a Comment